Picture export in order of dicom

Suggestions for MicroDicom viewer
raab

Picture export in order of dicom

Post by raab »

Copy of email I just sent you:

Hello,

First of all, thank you for one of the best viewers out there. It does pretty much everything it supposed to.

The only thing that I see missing, is a more sensible export to pictures. The problem arises because sometimes scans will jump around in the file names names. So that the correct order does not necessarily follow the Original naming of the files. (For instance, in a dicom, the sequence may be 788, 789, 791, 790, etc) I don’t know why this is, but I suspect it has to do with the scanner in question and the technology behind it.

So most other viewers will export series using their own name and sequence (for insrance image0000 image 0001 etc, following the order presented in the dicom file), but your software will export the pictures using the original file names. This is unfortunate when the original order is not logical, as it means that you will get output that will not be sorted in the correct order based on file names (sorting by date is dubious for a number of reasons and also don’t work well, as several sequential files will have the same timestamp). If there’s any chance of correcting this, or maybe adding an extra option to the export box to use sequential file naming that the software generates, That would be really great.

Again, thank you for a great piece of software.

raab
microdicom
Site Admin

Re: Picture export in order of dicom

Post by microdicom »

Yes, we tried it and it is a problem. I wrote this issue in our backlog and it will be fixed very soon. Thank you for reporting it.
raab

Re: Picture export in order of dicom

Post by raab »

Thank you!