Why does MicroDicom not support Cine Rate for determining the playback framerate?

General discussion for MicroDicom viewer
deimos

Why does MicroDicom not support Cine Rate for determining the playback framerate?

Post by deimos »

Hello! I was wondering why MicroDicom only uses the FrameTime tag to determine the playback framerate. I noticed it doesn't accept any other tags like CineRate or RecommendedDisplayFrameRate for the frame rate.

For example, if a DICOM does not have a FrameTime tag, but has a CineRate tag, MicroDicom just uses its own default framerate (15 FPS). I'm not sure if that is a bug or deliberate design choice.
microdicom
Site Admin

Re: Why does MicroDicom not support Cine Rate for determining the playback framerate?

Post by microdicom »

Hello,
Thank you for reporting this issue. Could you send us an image that doesn't have FrameTime, but it has CineRate or Recommended Display Frame Rate?
You can use support@microdicom.com

CineRate or Recommended Display Frame Rate are Optional tag and FrameTime has to exist, but we will investigate the issue and we will cover this case.

Thank you.
deimos

Re: Why does MicroDicom not support Cine Rate for determining the playback framerate?

Post by deimos »

Thank you for the quick response! I created a clean DICOM that helps demonstrate the combination of framerate related tags we sometimes see with our DICOMs.
Attachments
earth.zip
(451.95 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
microdicom
Site Admin

Post by microdicom »

Thank you for the sample image.

You can download latest beta and tell us if everything is fine.

https://www.microdicom.com/downloads/beta/