Persistent state of scrollbar in All Tags / Favorite Tags panes

Suggestions for MicroDicom viewer
ymor

Persistent state of scrollbar in All Tags / Favorite Tags panes

Post by ymor »

Kudos once again on creating such a useful tool and for being so responsive to user inputs!

I'd like to request a new enhancement, somewhat similar to the one that you so beautifully implemented in response to another of my requests: "Persistent state of DICOM Browser pane despite Refresh or Receiving Studies":

One of the things I find most useful about MicroDicom is its apparently-unique "Favorite Tags" feature. And I very often focus on how the value of a specific tag in the "Favorite Tags" pane changes as I scroll through the instances inside a given series, or toggle between instances in different series (possibly in different patients and/or studies).

And now that I've added over ~35 tags to my "Favorite Tags", in order to see the ones on the bottom, I need to scroll down using the scrollbar that has appeared.

My problem is that, if I am focusing on one of these tags on the bottom, the position of the scrollbar gets annoyingly reset each time one of the following happens:
  1. I scroll to another instance in the current series, or navigate to a different series in the DICOM Browser pane.
  2. MicroDicom has suddenly accepted/received an incoming series.
  3. I press on the "Refresh DICOM Browser" button
This can also be most easily seen in the "All Tags" pane, which by default has very many tags and a scrollbar. FTR I am using v2022.2 x64.

Thus, I'd like to suggest that, if possible, the scrollbar position of the "All Tags" and "Favorite Tags" panes always remain unchanged, unless the user explicitly changes the scrolling.
microdicom
Site Admin

Re: Persistent state of scrollbar in All Tags / Favorite Tags panes

Post by microdicom »

Thank you for this suggestion.
It is already written in our TODO list and will be implemented.