microdicom exits with error using URL protocol

Bug reports for MicroDicom viewer
syam.gadde

microdicom exits with error using URL protocol

Post by syam.gadde »

I am trying to trigger MicroDicom to read a zip file of DICOMs (on a network share, accessible through a file path) from a URL:

microdicom://param=fd&value="//server/path/to/DICOM.zip"

If MicroDicom is not already running, this starts up MicroDicom, it reads the .zip file and gives a progress bar as it reads all the files in the zip file. At which point it pauses (without showing any image data other than the black background), and then exits with no message.

If MicroDicom is already running when I use the URL, then it loads the .zip file as above, opens and displays the DICOM files properly, but gives an error dialog "Encountered an incorrect argument" (which can be closed).

Did I specify an incorrect argument in the URL or is this a bug? It would be great to use the URL protocol method even when MicroDicom is not already running. Thanks for your help!
microdicom
Site Admin

Re: microdicom exits with error using URL protocol

Post by microdicom »

Could you tell us which version of MicroDicom do you use?
We test it on our side and we can't see any issue. The zip file opens just fine via URI.
syam.gadde

Post by syam.gadde »

I and someone else both tested with the latest version downloaded as of the day I originally posted. I tested both 32-bit and 64-bit versions on Windows 10 and typing the URL into Edge. I don't know if it makes a difference but the URL points to a file on a network-mounted share (CIFS/SMB). I guess it's possible it makes a difference because pointing to a local file is more reliable but not always. What bothers me most is the "Encountered an incorrect argument" message -- did I use the wrong URL format? (I tried %22 instead of quote ["] and same behavior) Thanks!
microdicom
Site Admin

Post by microdicom »

Could you write the exact URI that you type?
syam.gadde

Post by syam.gadde »

I just replaced my hostname with XXXX for security:

microdicom://param=fd&value=%22//XXXXX.XXXX.XXX.XXX/data/Whitson/ADRC.01/Data/Packaged/orig/ADRC0187/visit1/T1.zip%22

Just tried it again with the newest version 2024.1. If Microdicom is not already running, the above URL starts up Microdicom, it reads the file (and gives a progress bar), pauses, then crashes.

If Microdicom is already running (like say with the blank startup window), then it does the above, but doesn't crash. It gives the following error message:

"Encountered an improper argument"

Thanks for your help!
microdicom
Site Admin

Post by microdicom »

Thank you.
We reproduce the issue, and it will be fixed as soon as possible.
microdicom
Site Admin

Post by microdicom »

You can download the latest beta: https://www.microdicom.com/beta.html
The issue have to be fixed.
Please write your feedback, when you try it.